To raise social awareness of Domestic Violence in the community. Being a voice of advocacy to the voiceless, so that they may live free from violence and reproach.
- Applicant must at least 21 years of age or older
- Complete a volunteer application
- Applicant must consent and successfully pass a criminal background check and be willing to complete a pre-screening session with One Safe Place Counseling Associate.
- Applicant must be one year removed from domestic violence situation before being considered for membership, however each situation will be reviewed and considered by OSP Counseling Associate on a case by case situation
Meetings are held (once a month or bi-monthly) on a week night during the evening.
Activities of the Committee Include:
- Annual Beauty Brunch
- Back to School Hair Cuts for children
- Provide presentations that includes survivor stories and impact of domestic violence
- Advising to ensure One Safe Place remains survivor focused by involving committee in operations